Spring Clean Up Days
Due to circumstances arising from the COVID-19 virus crisis, many bulk item pickups and recycling efforts have been suspended. Residents are advised to check with their local governments for status in their areas.
Every year, households go through old belongings and tend to take part in some kind of "spring cleanup," whether that means recycling that stack of old magazines, or going through the garage and sorting junk, or scrubbing the whole house from top to bottom. Because of this spring cleaning, townships in the area offer a Spring Cleanup day, so you and your family can get rid of all the junk you find while you sort and clean the house! After clearing junk and getting the house clean, do the carpets need some attention? Call a local carpet cleaner to get the job done!
Ludington2017 was the last year for Ludington Spring Cleanup Days, because the City has transitioned to a monthly arrangement for pickups of larger amounts. Beginning in January of 2018, Republic Services will pick up bulky items once per month from the curb in front of resident's homes.
On a city resident's first collection day of each month, the following items may be placed curbside for pickup with no additional charge:
- Two bulky items; or
- Two non-freon appliances; or
- One bulky item and one non-freon appliance; or
- One bulky item and three additional 33-gallon bags of trash; or
- One non-freon appliance and three additional bags of trash; or
- Up to six additional 33-gallon bags of trash, which is in addition to the three 33-gallon bags of trash or containers that Republic Services picks up as part of its basic service. This means that up to nine 33-gallon bags of trash maybe placed curbside on the resident's first collection day of the month at no charge and with no need to purchase any stickers.
Bulky items may not include boats, bricks, batteries, concrete, engines and satellite dishes.
Stickers may still be purchased by residents who must dispose of bulky items in excess of these limits for $5 per bulky item. In addition, residents who must dispose bags of trash in excess of these limits can still purchase stickers for $2 per additional bag of trash.
Owners of commercial properties may purchase up to five stickers per week at a cost of $15 per sticker for the removal of bulky items.
Hamlin TownshipThe Hamlin Township Cleanup Day is mid-June from 8am-12pm at the Hamlin Township Transfer Site on W. Dewey Road. Township residents are required to obtain a FREE voucher from the Hamlin Township Offices prior to the Cleanup Day. The Tire Recycling Collection is August 11, 2018 from 8am to noon at the Hamlin Township Transfer Site. Tires will also be accepted August 6 and 8. Hamlin Township Property owners must secure a FREE voucher from the Hamlin Township Offices. Property owners may bring up to 10 tires, any size for free, with a signed voucher.
Amber TownshipAmber Township spring cleanup day is early May from 8am to 12pm at Amber Township Hall, 171 S. Amber Road. Rules are as follows:
- No tires, paint, hazardous waste, yard waste, batteries, oil or Freon appliances
- No commercial refuse
- Loose garbage must be bagged, boxed or bundled.
- Metal products must be separated for the Padnos container.
- Material for recycling should be taken to Waste Reduction
- Residents only, with proof of identification or tax receipt.
- Personnel on site will assist you.
- Do not leave garbage on the ground after the designated time.