West Michigan Guides Photo
Used Book Sales in West Michigan
Book Lovers rejoice! Looking for bargain books? Your search may end at one of several Used Book Sales, organized and sponsored by area Library Friends groups. Book sales are held in Hart, Manistee County and Ludington. At these sales, books of all types may be found, from mystery and western, to travelogues and textbooks…all at reasonable prices.
With the cancellation or alteration of many events due to health concerns relating to the Covid-19 virus, patrons are encouraged to check with book sale organizers to confirm the status of the event.
Here's a schedule of Book Sales held in West Michigan:
- June 2024 – AAUW Book Sale at the United Methodist Church- 5810 Bryant Rd., Ludington. Friday from 9am-5pm and Saturday from 9am-12pm.
- July 2024 – Ludington Friends of the Library Annual Used Book Sale at the Ludington Library- 217 E. Ludington Ave. Friday from 6-9pm, Saturday, 10am-4pm and Sunday, 11am-2pm.
- TBA – Ludington Friends of the Library Indoor Book Sale at the Ludington Library- 217 E. Ludington Ave.
Check out the most current Ludington book sale information from the Mason County District Library.
Book sales are held in the parking lot behind the Manistee Library at 95 Maple St., Manistee, unless otherwise noted.
- July 2024 – Manistee Forest Festival Book Sale.
- July 2024 – Bear Lake Days Book Sale in parking lot of the Bear Lake Library-12325 Virginia St., Bear Lake.
- August 2024 – Onekama Days Book Sale.
- September 2024 – Labor Day Book Sale, 10am-4pm
Check out the most current Manistee book sale information from the Friends of Manistee Library.
More Book Sales in West Michigan
- May 2024 – Friends of the Fruitport District Library Sale at the Fruitport District Library- 47 Park St., Fruitport
Stay Tuned for the Most Updated Information on West Michigan Book Sales!
Current Events in West Michigan
The Caswell Horse Park at the Mason County Fairgrounds in Ludington is a busy place from May-October, with many horse shows.
Advertisement – Please scroll below for more information.
West Michigan Activities & Attractions
The Silver Lake State Park is 3,000 acres and is situated between Silver Lake and Lake Michigan, offering boating, fishing, swimming, & ORV.
Hop aboard the Lake Michigan S.S. Badger Carferry! Take the famous cruise across Lake Michigan and experience the Badger and all it has to do!
Winter in Manistee County includes great outdoor activities like skiing, snow shoeing, hiking, ice skating, and more.
A site to behold along Lake Michigan, these structures with a rich history give both a sense of safety and a beautiful site.
The Manistee Riverwalk follows the Manistee River from Jones Street, under the US-31 bridge, behind downtown, and ends at First Street beach.
Set in the heart of downtown Ludington is the Todd & Brad Reed Photo Gallery, and it’s a must-see for anyone who appreciates true beauty.
The Pentwater River provides opportunities to experience a paddle sport for the first time or take on a challenge for those more experienced.
Created in 1980, this trail has 1,000 miles running through Michigan, which also runs through the Huron-Manistee National Forest.
West Michigan is home to numerous artists with so many different talents. Groovy music, vivid paintings, gorgeous photography, and more!
The colorful attire and crazy antics of the Scottville Clown Band amuse people, but they also have extraordinary musical talent.