West Michigan Guides Photo
Used Book Sales in West Michigan
Book Lovers rejoice! Looking for bargain books? Your search may end at one of several Used Book Sales, organized and sponsored by area Library Friends groups. Book sales are held in Hart, Manistee County and Ludington. At these sales, books of all types may be found, from mystery and western, to travelogues and textbooks…all at reasonable prices.
With the cancellation or alteration of many events due to health concerns relating to the Covid-19 virus, patrons are encouraged to check with book sale organizers to confirm the status of the event.
Here's a schedule of Book Sales held in West Michigan:
- June 2024 – AAUW Book Sale at the United Methodist Church- 5810 Bryant Rd., Ludington. Friday from 9am-5pm and Saturday from 9am-12pm.
- July 2024 – Ludington Friends of the Library Annual Used Book Sale at the Ludington Library- 217 E. Ludington Ave. Friday from 6-9pm, Saturday, 10am-4pm and Sunday, 11am-2pm.
- TBA – Ludington Friends of the Library Indoor Book Sale at the Ludington Library- 217 E. Ludington Ave.
Check out the most current Ludington book sale information from the Mason County District Library.
Book sales are held in the parking lot behind the Manistee Library at 95 Maple St., Manistee, unless otherwise noted.
- July 2024 – Manistee Forest Festival Book Sale.
- July 2024 – Bear Lake Days Book Sale in parking lot of the Bear Lake Library-12325 Virginia St., Bear Lake.
- August 2024 – Onekama Days Book Sale.
- September 2024 – Labor Day Book Sale, 10am-4pm
Check out the most current Manistee book sale information from the Friends of Manistee Library.
More Book Sales in West Michigan
- May 2024 – Friends of the Fruitport District Library Sale at the Fruitport District Library- 47 Park St., Fruitport
Stay Tuned for the Most Updated Information on West Michigan Book Sales!
Current Events in West Michigan
Advertisement – Please scroll below for more information.
West Michigan Activities & Attractions
Pere Marquette River, with it’s moderately fast current and clear water, is an extremely popular river for canoeists and kayakers.
Much of West Michigan is bicycle-friendly, and you’ll find many nice paths on which to ride. It’s great exercise with great scenery to enjoy.
Enjoy the happiest of holidays in West Michigan! From Manistee to Ludington and every city in-between, there is holiday cheer all around!
The Annual Show of the Western Michigan Old Engine Club is held the first weekend of August at Scottville’s Riverside Park.
Dune Rides in your ATV or ORV are popular at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan, but many rules and regulations apply.
The spring/fall runs of steelhead and salmon, the resident brown trout and “brookies” make the PM River extremely popular for fishing.
Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes has miles of sand trails and hills, where hikers are rewarded at the end with spectacular views of Lake Michigan.
A magnificent display of color; the Northern Lights can be viewed at the right time of year at the right place in West Michigan!
The colorful attire and crazy antics of the Scottville Clown Band amuse people, but they also have extraordinary musical talent.
Michigan has a public ORV trail system for four different riding opportunities–motorcycles, ATVs, ORVs, and scramble areas.