The park remains open year-round for hiking, snowshoeing, activities to give those who love winter something fun to look forward to!
Photo by Weston MacKinnon on Unsplash.com
Fourth of July Fireworks Displays in West Michigan
If you’re vacationing here, arrive early so that you can find a good place to park. Be sure to check the weather forecast so that you don’t get caught unprepared when the night temperatures settle in. Give yourself plenty of time to get an ice cream cone, and then just relax and watch the sunset. Perhaps you will find a great spot on the beach, or you might prefer to bring a lawn chair and enjoy watching people have fun around you while you wait for the fireworks to begin at dusk.
There are a variety of activities over the 4th, including parades, art fairs, and more. Make the most of your holiday, right here in West Michigan.
Here’s a schedule of West Michigan Fireworks Displays for 2023:
- Monday, July 3rd, 10:30pm – Pentwater Fireworks over Lake Michigan
- Tuesday, July 4th, Dusk – Ludington Area Jaycees Freedom Festival Fireworks over Lake Michigan in Ludington
- Tuesday, July 4th, 10:30pm – Manistee Forest Festival Fireworks over Lake Michigan in Manistee
- Tuesday, July 4th, 10:30pm – National Cherry Festival Fireworks over Open Space Park in Traverse City
- TBA – “Let Freedom Ring” Celebration in Beulah
- TBA – “Best Fourth in the North” in Fife Lake
- TBA – Frankfort
- TBA – Fremont
- TBA – Grand Haven
- TBA – “Hart Sparks” in Hart
- TBA – Hamlin Lake in Ludington
- TBA – Hesperia
- TBA – Leland
- TBA – Northport
- TBA – “Thunder Over the Dunes” in Silver Lake/Mears
Current Events in West Michigan
The communities along Lake Michigan are blessed with talented actors and musicians that entertain us throughout the year.
Ludington has many businesses to help you enjoy crafting and appreciate the finished product. Let them help you create your own masterpiece!
West Michigan is a popular location for various races and runs… including the Lakestride Half Marathon and the Lighthouse Triathlon.
The annual Hart Winterfest includes fun activities like a broomball tournament, soup walk, ice fishing tournament, and more.
Festivals and Calendar of Events for Ludington, Manistee, Scottville, Pentwater, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, and Baldwin in West Michigan.
West Michigan fishing tournaments give anglers a chance to add a little money to their pocket in addition to the fish in their bucket.
Pentwater’s Winterfest includes many family friendly events including fishing tournaments, cross country skiing, sledding, and ice skating.
Michigan offers weekends during the year where residents and outstate visitors can fish, ORV, or snowmobile without permits.