Pentwater’s Winterfest includes many family friendly events including fishing tournaments, cross country skiing, sledding, and ice skating.
Photo by Gabby Orcutt on Unsplash.com
Trick or Treat & Halloween Parties in West Michigan
Table of Contents
The skies are heavy with ominous clouds…biting cold air envelops our bodies…and the trees are ablaze with color. It’s late October-time for pumpkins, ghouls, and witches to come out and scare innocent souls, in search for a treat.
Of course, we’re talking about Halloween, that most frightening time of year. West Michigan is not only beautiful in October, but there are plenty of annual events to satisfy the timid…and those that dare to be scared!
West Michigan Communities that Typically Host Trick or Treating:
- Downtown Ludington Merchants
- City of Ludington
- Downtown Pentwater Merchants
- Village of Pentwater
- Downtown Manistee Merchants
- City of Manistee –
- New Era 1st Street Trick or Treat
- Village of New Era
- Downtown Hart
- City of Hart
In addition to Trick-or-Treating, check out the other fun fall events that are usually scheduled around the area.
West Michigan Trunk-or-Treat Events and Halloween Parties That Are Typically Held
- “Crown and Coffin” Dining Experience at Crown and Cork- 502 W. Loomis St., Ludington. Dine in a spooky setting during open hours.
- Dolloween Creepy Doll Display/Sale of creations by Laurie Carey at Barley & Rye- 107 W. Ludington Ave., Ludington.
- Haunted Village & Trick or Treat at Historic White Pine Village– 1687 S. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington.
- Little Mom’ster Bash sponsored by WMOM Radio. The COMPLETELY free event is open to the public and includes face painting, food (burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, chips, cider, water, donut holes), balloon animals, bounce houses, tons of Trick or Treat Candy, Cornhole Tournament, cupcake walk, games, individual trick or treat bags with prizes, Tractor-pulled Hay Rides, costume contest for six different age groups, and more. Mason County Fairgrounds- 5302 US-10, Ludington.
- Halloween Party & Trick-or-Treating with bounce house ($1/jump), snacks, and marshmallows over the fire. Wais Family Farm- 1846 E. Koenig Rd., Free Soil.
- Trunk or Treat for all ages at MDHHS Parking Lot- 915 Diana St., Ludington.
- Pumpkin Painting at Sandcastles Children’s Museum (regular admission applies)- 125 E. Ludington Ave., Ludington.
- Halloween Party at Legacy Plaza sponsored by Safe Harbor Credit Union. This free event is open to the public and includes games, prizes, treats, and activities.
- Pumpkins in the Parking Lot at St. John’s Lutheran Church- 209 N. Rowe St. in Ludington. Treats, snacks, and music provided.
- Trunk or Treat for kids in 6th grade and younger to benefit the Ludington Girls Basketball Program. Admittance is a cash donation and the event includes candy, fun games, and prizes awarded for the best decorated cars. Lakeside Wiener Wagon will be onsite serving a free hot dog to each attendee, courtesy of the Great Start Collaborative. Reserve a spot for your decorated car by October 20th by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trunk or Treat at Ludington United Methodist Church – 5810 Bryant Rd.
- Trunk or Treat at Our Savior Lutheran Church- 765 W. US-10, Scottville.
- Trunk or Treat at St. Paul United Methodist Church- 3212 W. Kinney Rd. in Ludington.
- Tents & Treats at Cornerstone Baptist Church. Trick-or-treat in the parking lot. Attendees should enter off Nelson Rd. and park on the West side of the parking lot. Exit will be off the north driveway to Lawndale St. Cornerstone Baptist Church- 121 Nelson Rd., Ludington.
- Trick-or-Treating at Ludington Woods Living Center- 502 N. Sherman St., Ludington.
- Treats, Cider, & Donuts at West Shore Family Support- 603 E. Tinkham Ave., Ludington. Free & open to the public.
- Trunk or Treat at Trinity Lutheran Church- 5631 W. Stony Lake Rd., New Era.
- Spooktacular in Downtown Pentwater. Costume contest, scavenger hunt, and candy bags. Trick-or-Treating to downtown merchants. For detailed information, visit pentwater.org.
- Tractors & Treats at the Oceana County Fairgrounds- 1025 S. State St., Hart.
- Trunk or Treat in the Hart Commons Parking Lot- 206 E. Main St., Hart. Hosted by COVE.
- Trunk or Treat at First Baptist Church- 3258 N. 72nd Ave. in Hart.
- Trunk or Treat at New Era Reformed Church- 4775 1st St., New Era.
- Drive Thru Trick or Treat at the Rothbury Community Center- 7160 S. Oceana Dr., Rothbury.
- Trunk or Treat at the Manistee County Fairgrounds- 7587 1st St., Onekama. (Prior to Bump ‘n Run & Demo Derby)
- Trunk or Treat at Faith Covenant Church- 475 8th St. in Manistee. Event includes free candy and hot dogs.
- Children’s Costume Crawl & Downtown Ghost Hunt beginning at the Manistee Library- 95 Maple St., Manistee. Free and open to the public. Kids will walk parade-style to Port City Emporium to begin the ghost hunt. They may bring a bag or get one at the library if you need. The hunt will be held in conjunction with downtown Manistee Those who find all the blue ghosts hidden downtown (earning all their stamps) will be entered into a prize drawing. For more information, visit facebook.com.
- Block Party in the Manistee United Methodist Church parking lot- 387 First St., Manistee. Costumes encouraged. Free hot dog dinner, candy, treats, live music, and photo booth.
- Nightmare on Mason Street Halloween Party – American Legion Post 10- 10 Mason St., Manistee. Food, live music, and costume contest.
- Trunk or Treat at Dickson Township Park- 14270 Brethren Blvd. in Brethren. Sponsored by the Brethren Boosters Club.
- Trick or Treat and Halloween Parade at the Filer Township Fire Department- 2706 Nelson St. in Manistee.
- Trunk or Treat at Hopkins Park- Hopkins Dr., Bear Lake. Sponsored by the Bear Lake Promoters.
Stay tuned for info on Halloween fun in West Michigan for 2023!
Current Events in West Michigan
Michigan offers weekends during the year where residents and outstate visitors can fish, ORV, or snowmobile without permits.
The park remains open year-round for hiking, snowshoeing, activities to give those who love winter something fun to look forward to!
The communities along Lake Michigan are blessed with talented actors and musicians that entertain us throughout the year.
West Michigan fishing tournaments give anglers a chance to add a little money to their pocket in addition to the fish in their bucket.
Ludington has many businesses to help you enjoy crafting and appreciate the finished product. Let them help you create your own masterpiece!
The annual Hart Winterfest includes fun activities like a broomball tournament, soup walk, ice fishing tournament, and more.
Festivals and Calendar of Events for Ludington, Manistee, Scottville, Pentwater, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, and Baldwin in West Michigan.
West Michigan is a popular location for various races and runs… including the Lakestride Half Marathon and the Lighthouse Triathlon.