Photo by Gabby Orcutt on Unsplash.com
Trick or Treat & Halloween Parties in West Michigan
Table of Contents
The skies are heavy with ominous clouds. Biting cold air envelops our bodies and the trees are ablaze with color. It’s late October- time for pumpkins, ghouls, and witches to come out and scare innocent souls, in search of a treat.
Of course, we’re talking about Halloween, that most frightening time of year. West Michigan is not only beautiful in October, but there are plenty of annual events to satisfy the timid and those that dare to be scared!
2023 West Michigan Trick or Treat Schedule:
- Saturday, October 28th, 2023 from 12-2pm – Downtown Pentwater Merchants
- Saturday, October 28th, 2023 from 2-4pm – Downtown Ludington Merchants
- Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 from 3:30-5:30pm – Downtown Hart
- Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 from 5-7pm – Village of Pentwater
- Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 from 6-8pm – City of Ludington
- TBA – Downtown Manistee Merchants
- TBA – City of Manistee
- TBA – New Era 1st Street Trick or Treat
- TBA – Village of New Era
- TBA – Scottville
- TBA – Custer
- TBA – City of Hart
In addition to Trick-or-Treating, check out the other fun fall events that are usually scheduled around the area.
West Michigan Trunk-or-Treat Events and Halloween Parties Currently Scheduled
- Saturday, October 21st, 2023 from 2-5pm – Haunted Village & Trick or Treat at Historic White Pine Village– 1687 S. Lakeshore Dr.
- Saturday, October 28th, 1pm – Halloween Party at Legacy Plaza sponsored by Safe Harbor Credit Union. This free event is open to the public and includes games, prizes, treats, and activities.
- Saturday, October 28th, 2023 from 6-8pm – Trunk or Treat at Custer VFW Post 5096- 2022 State St., Custer.
- Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 from 6:30-8:30pm – Tents & Treats at Cornerstone Baptist Church. Trick-or-treat in the parking lot. Attendees should enter off Nelson Rd. and park on the West side of the parking lot. Exit will be off the north driveway to Lawndale St. Cornerstone Baptist Church- 121 Nelson Rd., Ludington.
- Saturday, October 28th, 2023 from 12-2pm – Spooktacular in Downtown Pentwater. Costume contest, scavenger hunt, and candy bags. Trick-or-Treating to downtown merchants. For detailed information, visit pentwater.org.
- Friday, October 27th, 2023 from 5-7pm – Trunk or Treat at Aki Community Center- 2953 Shaw Be Quo Ung, Manistee.
- Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 from 3-5pm – Trick or Treating at Green Acres Assisted Living- 1835 12th St., Manistee. The event will include candy, drinks, snacks, and games.
West Michigan Trunk-or-Treat Events and Halloween Parties That Are Typically Held
- Little Mom’ster Bash sponsored by WMOM Radio. The COMPLETELY free event is open to the public and includes face painting, food (burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, chips, cider, water, donut holes), balloon animals, bounce houses, tons of Trick or Treat Candy, Cornhole Tournament, cupcake walk, games, individual trick or treat bags with prizes, Tractor-pulled Hay Rides, costume contest for six different age groups, and more. Mason County Fairgrounds- 5302 US-10, Ludington.
- Halloween Party & Trick-or-Treating with bounce house ($1/jump), snacks, and marshmallows over the fire. Wais Family Farm- 1846 E. Koenig Rd., Free Soil.
- Trunk or Treat for all ages at MDHHS Parking Lot- 915 Diana St., Ludington.
- Pumpkins in the Parking Lot at St. John’s Lutheran Church- 209 N. Rowe St. in Ludington. Treats, snacks, and music provided.
- Trunk or Treat for kids in 6th grade and younger to benefit the Ludington Girls Basketball Program. Admittance is a cash donation and the event includes candy, fun games, and prizes awarded for the best decorated cars. Lakeside Wiener Wagon will be onsite serving a free hot dog to each attendee, courtesy of the Great Start Collaborative. Reserve a spot for your decorated car by October 20th by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trunk or Treat at Ludington United Methodist Church – 5810 Bryant Rd.
- Trunk or Treat at Our Savior Lutheran Church- 765 W. US-10, Scottville.
- Trunk or Treat at St. Paul United Methodist Church- 3212 W. Kinney Rd. in Ludington.
- Trick-or-Treating at Ludington Woods Living Center- 502 N. Sherman St., Ludington.
- Treats, Cider, & Donuts at West Shore Family Support- 603 E. Tinkham Ave., Ludington. Free & open to the public.
- Halloween Party Fundraiser for Mason County Eastern School’s Sports Division at Mel’s Long Lake Cabins- 7414 US-10, Branch. Admission is $5 per person and includes hot dogs, chips, cider, costume contest for both children and adults, door prizes, games, face painting, a raffle for cabin stays and pontoon rental, and more. For more information, visit facebook.com.
- Trunk or Treat at Trinity Lutheran Church- 5631 W. Stony Lake Rd., New Era.
- Tractors & Treats at the Oceana County Fairgrounds- 1025 S. State St., Hart.
- Trunk or Treat in the Hart Commons Parking Lot- 206 E. Main St., Hart. Hosted by COVE.
- Trunk or Treat at First Baptist Church- 3258 N. 72nd Ave. in Hart.
- Trunk or Treat at New Era Reformed Church- 4775 1st St., New Era.
- Drive Thru Trick or Treat at the Rothbury Community Center- 7160 S. Oceana Dr., Rothbury.
- Trunk or Treat at the Manistee County Fairgrounds- 7587 1st St., Onekama. (Prior to Bump ‘n Run & Demo Derby)
- Trunk or Treat at Faith Covenant Church- 475 8th St. in Manistee. Event includes free candy and hot dogs.
- Nightmare on Mason Street Halloween Party – American Legion Post 10- 10 Mason St., Manistee. Food, live music, and costume contest.
- Trunk or Treat at Dickson Township Park- 14270 Brethren Blvd. in Brethren. Sponsored by the Brethren Boosters Club.
- Trick or Treat and Halloween Parade at the Filer Township Fire Department- 2706 Nelson St. in Manistee.
- Trunk or Treat at Hopkins Park- Hopkins Dr., Bear Lake. Sponsored by the Bear Lake Promoters.
Stay tuned for info on Halloween fun in West Michigan for 2023!
Current Events in West Michigan
The Caswell Horse Park at the Mason County Fairgrounds in Ludington is a busy place from May-October, with many horse shows.
Activities & Attractions in West Michigan
Take one of the most scenic drives in the nation as you travel across M-22 in Manistee County. A long winding road of adventure awaits!
The Grand Traverse Lighthouse is situated at the end of the Leelanau Peninsula within, about eight miles north of the town of Northport.
The Manistee Riverwalk follows the Manistee River from Jones Street, under the US-31 bridge, behind downtown, and ends at First Street beach.
The Annual Show of the Western Michigan Old Engine Club is held the first weekend of August at Scottville’s Riverside Park.
Much of West Michigan is bicycle-friendly, and you’ll find many nice paths on which to ride. It’s great exercise with great scenery to enjoy.
The Traverse City area has several arts and crafts fairs scheduled throughout the year, offering many unique handcrafted items.
The Pere Marquette River area is rich with wildlife, offering great outdoors hunting and fishing opportunities.
The West Michigan area, with many small lakes and rivers to explore, is a popular location for paddle sports.
A magnificent display of color; the Northern Lights can be viewed at the right time of year at the right place in West Michigan!
Scottville Riverside Park, along the Pere Marquette River, has over 50 modern sites and is popular for camping and fishing.