Photo by Denis Agati on Unsplash.com
February 3rd-4th, 2023
This annual two-day event includes winter-themed events and fun for the whole family. From good food to tournaments to a swap-meet, there’s something for everyone at the Hart Winterfest!
Here's the schedule for the 2023 event:
Friday, February 3rd, 2023
- 6:30pm – Free Broomball Tournament in the La Probadita parking lot. Players must be pre-registered and bring their own brooms/helmets. Register at takemetohart.org. La Probadita- 19 S. State St., Hart.
- Following Broomball Tournament – After Party at Hart Pizza- 105 E. Main St., Hart.
Saturday, February 4th, 2023
- 6-8am – Registration for the Farm Bureau Ice Fishing Tournament at the West Michigan Research Station- 5185 N. Oceana Dr., Hart. Registration is $20 per two-person team and Farm Bureau members compete free. Competition categories are Longest Pike and Heaviest 5 Panfish (bluegill, perch, and/or crappie). Participants may also register by calling Jen Marfio at (231) 796-1119 or filling out a registration form at the Kaleb Klotz Agency- 3480 W. Polk Rd., Hart.
- 7am-3pm -Farm Bureau Ice Fishing Tournament. Weigh-in, meal, and raffles at 3pm.
- 9am-3pm – Vintage Snowmobile Show. Free admission. Participants may buy, sell, or trade. Concessions available for purchase. Call Kevin Hallack at (231) 923-9279 for more information. Oceana County Fairgrounds- 1025 S. State St., Hart.
- 11am-2pm – Soup Walk at eight locations. Punch cards may be purchased beginning at 11am at Morningside Pallet Merchandise- 28 S. State St., Hart. Punch cards are $5 each and only 175 tickets will be sold.
- 11am-2pm – Cookie sale benefiting the Hart Area Public Library. City Hall Community Center- 407 State St., Hart.
- 12pm – Registration for The Frozen Tin Man Winter Golf Outing. Cost is $35/person and players may walk or ride their own golf cart/ORV. The event is a 4-person scramble and includes 9 holes of golf, 3 tennis balls, a bowl of soup, and a hot dog. Players may also pre-register by calling (231) 923-0920 or (231) 638-1963. 1774 W. Polk Rd., Hart.
- 1pm – Shotgun start for golf outing.
- 3:30pm – Golf outing food awards, music, bonfire, and raffles.
Current Events in West Michigan
Activities & Attractions in West Michigan
West Michigan boasts numerous museums to learn about the area’s rich history and to expand knowledge through activities and exhibits.
Winter in Manistee County includes great outdoor activities like skiing, snow shoeing, hiking, ice skating, and more.
The Silver Lake State Park is 3,000 acres and is situated between Silver Lake and Lake Michigan, offering boating, fishing, swimming, & ORV.
Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes has miles of sand trails and hills, where hikers are rewarded at the end with spectacular views of Lake Michigan.
Set in the heart of downtown Ludington is the Todd & Brad Reed Photo Gallery, and it’s a must-see for anyone who appreciates true beauty.
Created in 1980, this trail has 1,000 miles running through Michigan, which also runs through the Huron-Manistee National Forest.
Hop aboard the Lake Michigan S.S. Badger Carferry! Take the famous cruise across Lake Michigan and experience the Badger and all it has to do!
The spring/fall runs of steelhead and salmon, the resident brown trout and “brookies” make the PM River extremely popular for fishing.
A site to behold along Lake Michigan, these structures with a rich history give both a sense of safety and a beautiful site.
Ludington has many businesses to help you enjoy crafting and appreciate the finished product. Let them help you create your own masterpiece!