Michigan offers weekends during the year where residents and outstate visitors can fish, ORV, or snowmobile without permits.
Photo by Jimmy Conover on Unsplash.com
February 11th & 18th, 2023
A variety of activities occur over two weekends during February to make up Pentwater’s Winterfest. Included are fishing tournaments, cross country skiing, sledding, and ice skating.
Here’s the schedule for the 2023 event:
Saturday, February 11th, 2023
- 11am – Snowman Scram 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run at Pentwater School. $20 for Fun Run, $30 for 5k.
- 12-3pm – Pentwater Pathways Open. The public is invited to use OCCSA’s adult and children’s ski equipment by making advance reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Parking Area on Railroad Rd. at the end of Jackson Rd.
- All Day – Sledding on the Village Green.
Saturday, February 18th, 2023
- Event coincides with the Michigan Free Fishing Weekend.
- 10am-1pm – Winter Farmers Market at the Centenary United Methodist Church- 82 Hancock St. Visit constantcontact.com for a vendor application.
- 10am-4pm – 13th Annual Ryan Williams Perch Tournament. Registration is 7am-10am at Pentwater Convenience Center or Port View. The fee is $10 per adult or $5 per child (15 or younger). 100% Cash and Prize payout for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. The final weigh-in will be at Port View no later then 4pm.
- 12-4pm – Poker Run at Pentwater Galleries for a chance to win a prize.
For more information on Pentwater Winterfest, please contact:
Pentwater Chamber of Commerce
Current Events in West Michigan
West Michigan fishing tournaments give anglers a chance to add a little money to their pocket in addition to the fish in their bucket.
The park remains open year-round for hiking, snowshoeing, activities to give those who love winter something fun to look forward to!
Festivals and Calendar of Events for Ludington, Manistee, Scottville, Pentwater, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, and Baldwin in West Michigan.
The annual Hart Winterfest includes fun activities like a broomball tournament, soup walk, ice fishing tournament, and more.
West Michigan is a popular location for various races and runs… including the Lakestride Half Marathon and the Lighthouse Triathlon.
The communities along Lake Michigan are blessed with talented actors and musicians that entertain us throughout the year.
Ludington has many businesses to help you enjoy crafting and appreciate the finished product. Let them help you create your own masterpiece!
Pentwater’s Winterfest includes many family friendly events including fishing tournaments, cross country skiing, sledding, and ice skating.