Photo by Onekama on Facebook
Visit Onekama in Manistee County
Just 20 minutes north of Manistee, Onekama is the first community along the M-22 Scenic Heritage Route. Commonly known as the “Two Lake Town,” Onekama offers a combination of Lake Michigan shoreline and peaceful views of Portage Lake.
Top Things to See & Do
- Portage Lake: A wonderful natural lake, Portage is a great place for boating and paddle boarding with great places along the shore to stay and eat
- Portage Point Resort: Over one hundred years old, the resort not only holds historic value but continues to provide Onekama with a place for people to gather and has been restored into a great place to stay.
- Pierport Beach: At the end of 13 Mile Road, this secluded beach is great place to enjoy the lake and see the sunset without the crowds.
- Artesian Well: On Portage Point Drive, this well pumps crystal clear drinking-water and is known as the “Fountain of Youth.”
- Manistee County Fairgrounds: The Manistee County Fair is every year in late August, but the fairgrounds are utilized throughout the year for different events.
The main hub of Onekama is right along M-22. Enjoy fresh coffee and homemade treats at the Yellow Dog Cafe. Fine dining awaits at The Glenwood. In the summer, Onekama has Monday Night Concerts in the Park featuring many local artists from all around. The Onekama Art Snake is a fun July event that displays many works of locals artists. In October, check out the annual Fall Festival in the Village Park.
Portage Point Resort
Portage Point Resort has been in operation for over 100 years and has recently been restored to the majestic vacation escape it once was. With an infinity pool and access to both Portage Lake and Lake Michigan, it’s a water recreation paradise. Stay for awhile or stop by for a bite at the Portage Point Cafe. You won’t regret the view. On your way to the resort on Portage Point Drive, stop at the Artesian Well, locally known as the Fountain of Youth, to fill up with fresh water right out of the pump.
For more information about the Onekama area:
Manistee Area Chamber of Commerce
11 Cypress St., Manistee, MI 49660
Photo by Marco Bicca on Unsplash.com
S.S. City of Milwaukee & US Coast Guard Cutter Acacia in Manistee
Take a tour on the Historic S.S. City of Milwaukee car ferry and the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Acacia docked in Manistee, Michigan.
Visit Onekama in Manistee County
Onekama, in Manistee County, is the first community along the M-22 Scenic Heritage Route and is commonly known as the “Two Lake Town.”
The Vogue Theatre in Manistee
The historical Vogue Theatre in Manistee, renovated as a modern-day movie theater, shows current movies, classic films, and family movies.
Visit the “Two Lake Town” of Onekema in Manistee County
Known as the “Two Lake Town”, Onekema is just 20 minutes from Manistee and provides a cozy escape from the everyday.
Manistee National Forest
Manistee National Forest together with the Huron National Forest occupies almost a million acres of land in Michigan’s lower peninsula.
M-22 Scenic Drive
Take one of the most scenic drives in the nation as you travel across M-22 in Manistee County. A long winding road of adventure awaits!
Manistee’s Lake Bluff Bird Sanctuary
The Michigan Audubon Society Lake Bluff Center overlooks Lake Michigan near Manistee and features wildlife and a bird sanctuary.
Relocate to Manistee, Michigan
Manistee has the unique combination of beauty, history and nature, which attracts visitors from all over and inspires many to call it home.
Top Events in the Manistee Area
There are great events and festivals throughout the year in Manistee, Michigan’s Victorian Port City. Find fun for the whole family!
Winter in Manistee County
Winter in Manistee County includes great outdoor activities like skiing, snow shoeing, hiking, ice skating, and more.