The communities along Lake Michigan are blessed with talented actors and musicians that entertain us throughout the year.
Photo by the Msnitee Elks
Boos, Brews, & Brats in Manistee
Manistee’s annual Boos, Brews and Brats had traditionally been organized by the Manistee Downtown Development Authority but in 2018, the DDA decided the festival would be too difficult to plan along with the other events and tasks that they’ve yet to complete.
The Manistee Elks decided to take over the event and now hosts it in conjunction with the clubs annual community Halloween Party.
This event is open to the public.
Here’s a Typical Schedule for the Event:
All events are held at the Manistee Elks Lodge- 432 River St., Manistee, unless otherwise noted.
- 12-2pm – Trick or Treating at Downtown Manistee Businesses
- 12-5pm – Corn Hole Tournament to benefit Michigan Major Projects which supports special needs children and their families. $20 per person to sign up.
- 3-6pm – Cash Bar.
- 6-7pm – Intermission
- 7-11:30pm – Adult Halloween Party with live music, and brews from local breweries and brats served. Cost is generally $15 for Elks Members and $20 for Non-members which includes four drink tickets and a Boos glass.
- 7:30pm – Watch Michigan vs. Michigan State Game
- 10pm– Adult Costume Contest
Current Events in West Michigan
The park remains open year-round for hiking, snowshoeing, activities to give those who love winter something fun to look forward to!
West Michigan is a popular location for various races and runs… including the Lakestride Half Marathon and the Lighthouse Triathlon.
Ludington has many businesses to help you enjoy crafting and appreciate the finished product. Let them help you create your own masterpiece!
Festivals and Calendar of Events for Ludington, Manistee, Scottville, Pentwater, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, and Baldwin in West Michigan.
The annual Hart Winterfest includes fun activities like a broomball tournament, soup walk, ice fishing tournament, and more.
Michigan offers weekends during the year where residents and outstate visitors can fish, ORV, or snowmobile without permits.
Pentwater’s Winterfest includes many family friendly events including fishing tournaments, cross country skiing, sledding, and ice skating.
West Michigan fishing tournaments give anglers a chance to add a little money to their pocket in addition to the fish in their bucket.