Festivals and Calendar of Events for Ludington, Manistee, Scottville, Pentwater, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, and Baldwin in West Michigan.
Photo by Weston Mackinnon on Unsplash.com
The Village of Brethren is located in Dickson Township about 15 miles east of Manistee, in the Manistee National Forest. Brethren Days is held over Labor Day weekend.
Events usually include bands, High Bridge Hustle 5k run/walk, arts ,and crafts vendors; cornhole, horseshoe and softball tournaments, parade, and fireworks. All events take place in Dickson Township Park, unless otherwise stated.
Here’s a typical schedule for the event:
- 11am-11pm – Cook Shack Open, limited menu and non-alcoholic drinks
- 7-8pm – Live music in the Beer Tent
- 8pm-12am – Live music in the Beer Tent
- 8-11am – Pancake Breakfast under the gazebo, by donation
- 8am – High Bridge Hustle 5K run or walk, registration from 8-9am, race at 9am, Brethren High School- 4400 N. Highbridge Rd., Brethren
- 9am-8pm – Arts & Crafts Vendors
- 10am-4pm – Drag Car Show, Brethren High School Parking Lot
- 11am-12am – Cook Shack Open, limited menu and non-alcoholic drinks
- 12-5pm – 100th Anniversary of Dickson School
- 8am-Dark – Men’s Softball Tournament at Brethren Park- 14479 N Coates Hwy., Brethren
- 12pm – Horseshoe Pitching Tournament, sign up at noon, tournament begins at 1pm
- 12pm-12am – Beer Tent open
- 12pm-12am – Live music in the Beer Tent
- Dusk – Fireworks over Lake Elinor
- 8am-Complete– Men’s Softball Tournament at Brethren Park- 14479 N Coates Hwy., Brethren
- 10am – Community Church Service at the Gazebo
- 12-6pm – Arts & Crafts Vendors
- 12-6pm – 100th Anniversary of Dickson School
- 12pm – Cornhole Tournament, sign up at 12pm, 1pm start, $20/team
- 12-2pm – Pig Roast at the Cookshack
- 12-11pm – Beer Tent open
- 12-4pm – Live music in the Beer Tent
- 2-10pm – Cookshack Open, limited menu and non-alcoholic drinks
- 3pm – Grand Parade line-up at Brethren High School, 4pm step off
- 5-11pm – Live music in the Beer Tent
For more information on Brethren Days, please contact the event organizer:
Manistee County Visitors Bureau
310 First St., Manistee, MI 49660
Current Events in West Michigan
Ludington has many businesses to help you enjoy crafting and appreciate the finished product. Let them help you create your own masterpiece!
The park remains open year-round for hiking, snowshoeing, activities to give those who love winter something fun to look forward to!
Pentwater’s Winterfest includes many family friendly events including fishing tournaments, cross country skiing, sledding, and ice skating.
West Michigan fishing tournaments give anglers a chance to add a little money to their pocket in addition to the fish in their bucket.
West Michigan is a popular location for various races and runs… including the Lakestride Half Marathon and the Lighthouse Triathlon.
Michigan offers weekends during the year where residents and outstate visitors can fish, ORV, or snowmobile without permits.
The communities along Lake Michigan are blessed with talented actors and musicians that entertain us throughout the year.
The annual Hart Winterfest includes fun activities like a broomball tournament, soup walk, ice fishing tournament, and more.