2017 was the last year for Ludington Spring Cleanup Days, because the City has transitioned to a monthly arrangement for pickups of larger amounts. Currently, Republic Services will pick up bulky items once per month from the curb in front of resident’s homes.
On a city resident’s first collection day of each month, the following items may be placed curbside for pickup with no additional charge:
- Two bulky items; or
- Two non-freon appliances; or
- One bulky item and one non-freon appliance; or
- One bulky item and three additional 33-gallon bags of trash; or
- One non-freon appliance and three additional bags of trash; or
- Up to six additional 33-gallon bags of trash, which is in addition to the three 33-gallon bags of trash or containers that Republic Services picks up as part of its basic service. This means that up to nine 33-gallon bags of trash maybe placed curbside on the resident’s first collection day of the month at no charge and with no need to purchase any stickers.
Bulky items may not include boats, bricks, batteries, concrete, engines and satellite dishes.
Stickers may still be purchased by residents who must dispose of bulky items in excess of these limits for $5 per bulky item. In addition, residents who must dispose bags of trash in excess of these limits can still purchase stickers for $2 per additional bag of trash.
Owners of commercial properties may purchase up to five stickers per week at a cost of $15 per sticker for the removal of bulky items.